DCLM Daily Manna Devotional Sunday 3rd April 2022 – Infallible Matchmaker
DEEPER LIFE DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
Daily Manna by Pastor Kumuyi is a daily devotionl sets out to provide spiritual nourishment for the believers who truly seek God and would walk closely with Him.
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 3rd April 2022 Is “Infallible Matchmaker “
Text: Joshua 15:13-20
13. And unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh he gave a part among the children of Judah, according to the commandment of the LORD to Joshua, even the city of Arba the father of Anak, which city is Hebron.
14. And Caleb drove thence the three sons of Anak, Sheshai, and Ahiman, and Talmai, the children of Anak.
15. And he went up thence to the inhabitants of Debir; and the name of Debir before was Kirjathsepher.
16. And Caleb said, He that smiteth Kirjathsepher, and taketh it, to him will I give Achsah my daughter to wife.
17. And Othniel the son of Kenaz, the brother of Caleb, took it; and he gave him Achsah his daughter to wife.
18. And it came to pass, as she came unto him, that she moved him to ask of her father a field; and she lighted off her ass; and Caleb said unto her, What wouldest thou?
19. Who answered, Give me a blessing; for thou hast given me a south land; give me also springs of water. And he gave her the upper springs, and the nether springs.
20. This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Judah according to their families.
KEY VERSE: Joshua 15:16
“And Caleb said, He that smiteth Kirjathsepher, and taketh it, to him will I give Achsah my daughter to wife.”
DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY
Arranged marriages are a tradition in some societies and they continue to account for an overwhelming majority of wedlock there. Though the arranged marriage tradition lacks any official legal recognition or support, the institution has proved to be surprisingly robust despite the social changes in society.
Caleb was involved in arranged marriage. He promised to give out his daughter, Achsah, in marriage to whoever took the city Kirjathsepher. Othniel, his brother took the city and Caleb’s daughter was given to him in marriage. Achsah was moved by her husband to ask for springs of water in addition to the fields given by her father as a wedding present.
The giving out of Achsah here by her father was done without her consent. First, it was a cultural norm in those days for fathers to assume absolute right over their children and especially in the arrangement of their marriages. Though some asked their daughter’s opinion, like in the case of Rebecca, generally it was the father who would decide.
This cannot be a model for New Testament believers, as it does not conform to scriptural principles. Our children should be allowed to pray to discover the will of God in marriage. We should equally avoid any reliance on professional matchmakers for advice. When children are forced into marriages, they will blame their parents for whatever challenges they encounter in that marriage. We also need to understand that God is still our Matchmaker. He knows best and we must wait for Him for guidance in all things.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God is the infallible Matchmaker.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.DOWNLOAD AUDIO/MP3