The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 9th October 2022 Is “GOD IS GOOD“
Text: Nahum 1:1-9
1. The burden of Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite.
2. God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
3. The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked; the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
4. He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry, and drieth up all the rivers; Bashan languisheth, and Carmel, and the flower of Lebanon languisheth.
5. The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6. Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.
7. The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
8. But with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies.
9. What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end; affliction shall not rise up the second time.
KEY VERSE: Nahum 1:7,8
“The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. But with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies.”.
Don Moen gave the world a song for all ages: God is good all the time/He puts a song of praise in this heart of mine/God is good all the time/Through the darkest night, His light will shine/God is good, God is good all the time. Before Don Moen, Nahum had stated that God is good, especially in the time of trouble. It takes faith to understand that truth.
Nahum was one of the minor prophets of the Bible whose message centred on the warning and impending fall of Nineveh. Nahum begins his prophecy by considering the character of God who brings judgment. He starts by recognising Him as jealous. His jealousy is for our sakes so we can be protected from evil. Therefore, He will take vengeance on His adversaries. He is also slow to anger and great in power. Nahum pronounces God’s goodness because He is a Stronghold in the day of trouble. Those who love and trust Him see His goodness and find protection in His stronghold. God knows those who trust in Him. Not only does He know them in the sense of identification, but also in the sense of relationship.
Though we live in a world that seeks to belittle God and His word, as believers, we must know that He has a good plan for all His children and we can put our confidence in Him and His word. God’s goodness is real and comforting. We can trust Him to take care of us in a sinful and wicked world.
God is good, all the time. By the same token, Satan is evil through and through. When you make this good God your Lord and Master, He will keep you from evil; stop and prevent a recurrence of afflictions in your life.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God is good to all. He proved it on the cross.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.DOWNLOAD AUDIO/MP3