DCLM Daily Manna Devotional Sunday 12Th September 2021 – Under Siege For Iniquity
Daily Manna devotional by Pastor Kumuyi of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 12th September 2021 Is “ Under Siege For Iniquity“
TEXT: Ezekiel 4:1-8
1. Thou also, son of man, take thee a tile, and lay it before thee, and pourtray upon it the city, even Jerusalem;
2. And lay siege against it, and build a fort against it, and cast a mount against it; set the camp also against it, and set battering rams against it round about.
3. Moreover take thou unto thee an iron pan, and set it for a wall of iron between thee and the city; and set thy face against it, and it shall be besieged, and thou shalt lay siege against it. This shall be a sign to the house of Israel.
4. Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it; according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity.
5. For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days; so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
6. And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days; I have appointed thee each day for a year.
7. Therefore thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Jerusalem, and thine arm shall be uncovered, and thou shalt prophesy against it.
8. And, behold, I will lay bands upon thee, and thou shalt not turn thee from one side to another, till thou hast ended the days of thy siege.
Key Verse: Ezekiel 4:8
“And, behold, I will lay bands upon thee, and thou shalt not turn thee from one side to another, till thou hast ended the days of thy siege.”
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
The word “D-day” is a military operation code used in warfare to indicate the date when a secret and surprising military operation or attack is set or bound to take place. Historically, it was formed from the name given to June 6, 1944, the day the British, US and other armies landed on the beaches of Normandy in Northern France, during the Second World War and routed the German Forces.
A D-day for God’s judgment against Jerusalem for their iniquity was also proclaimed in the day of Prophet Ezekiel. He was instructed to lay siege against the city, build a fort against it, cast a mount against it, and set a camp and battering rams against it. He was also to lie on his left and right sides for the iniquity of the house of Israel for forty days. Each day was to represent a year. The prophet was to bear the iniquity of Israel as he prophesied against it.
Israel had run the whole gamut of iniquity. Iniquity serves as a bridgehead which attracts God’s judgment of defeat, devastation and disgrace. Israel’s action of provoking God led to the prophecy which was later fulfilled in devastation, cruel massacre, desecration of their temple, destruction of their city and their captivity. So great was the destruction that they became a reproach to their neighbours, a scorn and derision to those around them.
People, who frustrate the grace of God and move Him to anger by sinning, will only succeed in opening the floodgates of calamities to themselves. The seal of divine protection is upon those who walk before Him in righteousness. We should never provide occasion for the ungodly to reproach God by the way we live. Where sin has already brought bitter results, it will be futile to expect relief without first admitting the sin and genuinely asking for pardon.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Sinners are under siege every day.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.DOWNLOAD AUDIO/MP3