Dclm Daily Manna Devotional Sunday 10Th April 2022 – Conquer Or Be Conquered
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 10th April 2022 Is “Conquer Or Be Conquered “
Text: Joshua 17:8-18
8. Now Manasseh had the land of Tappuah; but Tappuah on the border of Manasseh belonged to the children of Ephraim;
9. And the coast descended unto the river Kanah, southward of the river; these cities of Ephraim are among the cities of Manasseh; the coast of Manasseh also was on the north side of the river, and the outgoings of it were at the sea;
10. Southward it was Ephraim’s, and northward it was Manasseh’s, and the sea is his border; and they met together in Asher on the north, and in Issachar on the east.
11. And Manasseh had in Issachar and in Asher Bethshean and her towns, and Ibleam and her towns, and the inhabitants of Dor and her towns, and the inhabitants of Endor and her towns, and the inhabitants of Taanach and her towns, and the inhabitants of Megiddo and her towns, even three countries.
12. Yet the children of Manasseh could not drive out the inhabitants of those cities; but the Canaanites would dwell in that land.
13. Yet it came to pass, when the children of Israel were waxen strong, that they put the Canaanites to tribute; but did not utterly drive them out.
14. And the children of Joseph spake unto Joshua, saying, Why hast thou given me but one lot and one portion to inherit, seeing I am a great people, forasmuch as the LORD hath blessed me hitherto?
15. And Joshua answered them, If thou be a great people, then get thee up to the wood country, and cut down for thyself there in the land of the Perizzites and of the giants, if mount Ephraim be too narrow for thee.
16. And the children of Joseph said, The hill is not enough for us; and all the Canaanites that dwell in the land of the valley have chariots of iron, both they who are of Bethshean and her towns, and they who are of the valley of Jezreel.
17. And Joshua spake unto the house of Joseph, even to Ephraim and to Manasseh, saying, Thou art a great people, and hast great power; thou shalt not have one lot only;
18. But the mountain shall be thine; for it is a wood, and thou shalt cut it down; and the outgoings of it shall be thine; for thou shalt drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots, and though they be strong.
KEY VERSE: Joshua 17:18
“But the mountain shall be thine; for it is a wood, and thou shalt cut it down: and the outgoings of it shall be thine: for thou shalt drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots, and though they be strong.”
DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY
Columnist Herb Caen wrote in the San Francisco Chronicle: “Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning, a lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or gazelle; when the sun comes up, you’d better be running”.
The children of Joseph needed to fight against the Canaanites and displace them because their lot in the Promised Land was small. They desired an additional lot to be allocated to them. But because the Canaanites that dwelt in the valley had chariots of iron and were strong, they could not fight, defeat and get more land. Therefore, they had to remain in a tight environment, bordered by an enemy nation with potential to unseat them in the future.
Life sometimes leaves us with few options. You either face life battles and win or you rest and be conquered. The children of Joseph were told they either fight and dominate the environment, or be conquered and dominated by their enemies. Under such situations, it becomes necessary to fortify oneself and take on the enemy.
We must understand the power of our God and stop highlighting the advantages of our adversaries. We must be fervent in prayers as we take on the enemies of our faith. Even when it appears we are comfortable, we must realise that the battle is not over yet. Each time we wake up to see a new day; we must not rest on our oars until we reach heaven’s finishing line.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Run the race of survival every day with faith
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.