Open Heavens Devotional For Sunday 21st November 2021 – The Tongue Is A Fire
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY.
Open Heavens daily devotional by Pastor Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing.
Pastor EA Adeboye Open heavensThe Topic of Open Heavens for 21st November 2021 Is “The Tongue Is A Fire”
MEMORISE: Proverbs 15:1
“A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.”
READ: James 3:1-10 (KJV)
1. My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2. For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
3. Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4. Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6. And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity; so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind;
8. But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
Apostle James captures the extent to which the tongue can go in destroying a person’s destiny, in today’s Bible reading: And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. – (James 3:6) The tongue indeed is a fire, thus it must be controlled. Controlled fire can be used productively; however, uncontrolled fire destroys. The tongue is so complex that it could be likened to a fountain that produces cold and hot water at the same time. What can we now do to this thing that the Bible describes as “…an unruly evil, full of deadly poison?” (James 3:8). Since the Bible describes the tongue as poison the good news is that Jesus promised us that even if we drink a deadly thing, it shall by no means hurt us (Mark 16:18).
Therefore, one can see that every problem of man ends at the cross of Jesus Christ. The story was told of a woman who was having problems in her marriage. She consulted a wise old man in her family who gave her a small, smooth stone to slip into her mouth and lick, remaining silent, every time her husband picked a quarrel with her. She did this and before long, peace was restored to that home. She ran to the wise old man to show her gratitude for the effectiveness of the charm only to have him tell her that what he had given her was an ordinary stone.
He had merely found a way to make her keep quiet rather than destroy her home with her mouth. The Bible says: Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. – (Proverbs 16:24) Choose to speak only words that edify and if you must correct someone, do it constructively and in love. All children of God must learn to control their tongues. As there is a time to talk, there is also a time to keep silent (Ecclesiastes 3:7). When we talk, our words must be fitly spoken (Proverbs 25:11) in due season (Proverbs 15:23).
PRAYER POINT: Help me Lord to bridle my tongue at all times, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Revelation 1-6DOWNLOAD AUDIO /SONGS